Treatment For Auto Injuries From Our Chiropractor In Bartow
Auto injuries can have traumatic or long-term effects long after the accident. Also, some injuries are not as apparent as others. Whiplash, for example, is a neck injury that may cause symptoms days or weeks after. As such, seeking prompt treatment at Aqui Chiropractic Clinic can reduce the chance for complications or loss of mobility. Our chiropractor in Bartow, FL, will X-ray the body to look for musculoskeletal injuries that tend to go unnoticed. We'll then design a holistic treatment plan to speed up recovery.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Injuries depend on the nature of the crash. For example, whiplash injury usually occurs from a rear-end collision. Nevertheless, a person involved in a collision may suffer head, neck, back, spine, soft tissue, or bodily injury. They include concussions or traumatic brain injury, seat belt injuries, and:
- Spinal cord injury
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Cuts, bruises, or contusions
- Fractured or broken bones
- Dislocated shoulder or knee
Trauma to the spine may result in misalignment, pinched nerve, or herniated discs. These are all conditions that cause acute or chronic pain.
Auto Accident Injury Symptoms
Dull, excruciating, or disabling pain is a giveaway symptom. However, pain is sometimes delayed due to shock and adrenaline. Other obvious signs of injury are headaches, bruising, swelling, stiffness, muscle aches, and limited movement. Numbness, tingling, or weakness are also common due to a pinched nerve.
How Dr. Alex Aqui Will Evaluate and Treat You
Before deciding on a treatment option, we will do a detailed physical exam and run other tests, such as diagnostic scans, to identify the source of the pain. Your integrative treatment plan may consist of non-invasive spinal adjustments, extremity adjustments, or non-surgical spinal decompression. All of them are appropriate auto accident injury treatment for the joints, spine, or musculoskeletal structures.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Dr. Alex Aqui will manipulate the spinal joints and surrounding tissue to bring them back into alignment. The positive effects are reduced pain, healing from inflammation, and improved nervous system function.
- Spinal Decompression: Decompression therapy utilizes a traction technique to gently pull and stretch the spine. It works well to relieve pain caused by a herniated disc or pressure on the sciatic nerve. Lengthening the spine allows the slipped disc to move back into position and heal.
- Adjunct Therapies: Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization and laser therapy are natural therapies that relieve pain, stiffness, and inflammation. We may recommend therapeutic exercises to strengthen the body and improve mobility.
Chiropractic Care May Be the Key to Lasting Relief
You can still visit Dr. Alex Aqui in Bartow, FL, even if you received emergency care or medical treatment. The difference is we treat pain from its source using drug-free, surgery-free options. Call Aqui Chiropractic Clinic at 863-534-3288 to schedule an appointment today.